Monday, October 15, 2007

Chapter two- Chris Stroud

I can relate greatly to the concept to communication as a Strategic Control in reference to my job. Before my boss was my boss we were friends before I became his employee (we are still friends). When he communicates to me he understands that it has multiple goals; communicating effectively as a manager but also realizing we are friends. “Communicators must be able to recognize the constraints of the situation and to adapt to multiple goals simultaneously, such as being clear, assertive, and respectful (pg. 32).” The potential problem with this relationship is that it may not be completely fair to other people in the organization because they do not have the same friendship as I do with the boss which may have ethical implications since I can easily favored in some situations.

No comments: